Welcome to another saucy episode of SUNDAE WITH NUTS where I have asked my fellow authors to join me for the day for a bit of fun and a laugh. We are romance writers after all!
This week we have another special edition. Miss Jemima George from Cooking Up Love (Gemma Brocato) has agreed to brave our Nutty questions. A special welcome to Miss Jem!
1. Favorite knickers: cotton, lace, silk or errr…leather?
I prefer lace, but I like it colorful.
2. Who is your fantasy male or female? Or both?
I’ve had a bit of thing for Karl Urban lately, but let’s keep that between us girls, please.
3. What language, when heard spoken, makes you frisky? (like Jamie Lee Curtis in A Fish called Wanda)
Italian. There is something about the musicality and fluidity of that language that makes me shiver. Jack knows the language (don’t ask why) and will occasionally whisper it to me when we’re around his family. That’s a little embarrassing. For him when I drag his butt out of the room. Serves him right, don’t you think?
4. What vehicle, abode, beach, construction site or other locale did you lose your virginity.
In my boyfriend’s (at the time) dad’s panel truck. You know, the kind with no windows? It was horrible. Small, dark and confining. My claustrophobia kicked in before either of us…er, got where we were going.
5. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Not really. But I have a strong belief in chemical reactions and think that love can ‘explode’ on you very unexpectedly. I guess explode isn’t really the right word. But I can’t think of a better one. I’m a chef, not a writer.
6. If you could play a board game during sex, what would it be?
Strip monopoly. You pay for properties with your clothes. I’ve gotten fairly creative with financing. What? You’ve never played? You have no idea what you’re missing.
7. Any special “toys” you’d like to give mention to for their outstanding achievements?
Not really. But my 5 year-old niece told me she’d discovered one of her mother’s toys. Hoo, boy! That night was memorable, for a lot of reasons.
8. I *heart* Peter Cetera. What song immediately swoops you back to your “first days” of falling in love?
Strawberry Swing by Coldplay. It’s such a happy, hopeful song. Every day when you’re falling in love is a perfect day.
9. Most romantic or sexiest destination out there.
Blue Bay, in Maritius. It’s a slice of tropical heaven here on earth.
10. I wanted to be a helicopter pilot and a cowgirl when I grew up (still do). What did you want to grow up to be when you were a little girl?
I used to think I wanted to be a concert pianist. I took lessons for a long time. Until my teacher, whom I used to pay with cakes and cookies I made, told me to focus on a career as a chef. That was a piece of good advice.
And last but not least
11. Favorite ice cream flavor.
I love a store brand I used to get called Death By Chocolate. What a way to go!
* * * *
It has been such a pleasure to host Miss Jem, and by association, by Gemma Brocato, this Thanksgiving weekend, and how appropriate when Tday is all about the cooking. As Miss Gemma already knows, I am personally a disaster in the kitchen, my culinary talents almost non-existent, but I still over indulged! I’m still feeling the effects and still eating the leftovers.
For some reason, I don’t reckon Miss Jem is a leftover kind of girl? Are you? And Strawberry Swing is an awesome song! Different choice but I’m a huge Coldplay fan. I like how even your fav song has something edible. I can tell you are one passionate gal. And did you know Mr. Urban is a New Zealander? Yep, and Kiwis are hot fellas 🙂
To hear Miss Jemima (Jem) George’s full story, have a read of Cooking Up Love by Gemma Brocato. You will only fall more in love with this lovely lady.